Re: O2 Sensor Light Reset?

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:53:39 EDT WaspHwy@aol.com writes:
> How do I reset the light on my 84 GTi? I just changed the o2 sensor.

The Rabbits ('81-84) have a lever on the top left side of the instrument
panel, instead of the box connected to the speedo cable.

The easiest way is to just pull the headlight knob off, and then removing
the instrument bezel.

A bent coat hanger, or old oil dipstick, can easily reset the counter by
pulling the brass lever forward.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V