Re: do UK folks Dis Rocs? was: Sciroccos in Aug - PERFORMANCE VW

Kareem wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, T Berk wrote:
> > I was wondering- Do all the "Lets Restore/ Trick Out an A1 Golf (in the
> > US the Rabbit)" type folks hate our beloved Sciroccos?
>
> Yes, most of the UK crowd unfortunately do. It's a macho thing. They
> see the Scirocco as being a cute hairdresser's car. Honest --
> and those not comfortable w/ their masculinity wouldn't be
> caught dead in one. It's analogous to how some males wouldn't be
> caught driving a cabriolet over here.
> K.

You just broke the number one rule of the list!!!!! Let the flame wars
begin!! A scirocco not masculine? A golf is what!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
A golf, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA thats the funniest shit I heard all week.
Anyone that thinks the Golf or rabbit looks better than the Scirocco is
just plain fookin crazy lad. Anyone for that matter that thinks the
Golf/rabbit is anything but butt ugly needs their head aligned. Sure,
they are zippy little pocket rockets, but a scirocco can do the same.
And they were designed by an Italian. NOT MACHO?!!!!

Feenix
80 1.8, no, its not a convertable. THATS why cabriolets are chick cars.