Re: Where do 90a alternators come from?

I have been wanting to put in a larger alternator....is it as simple as
just swaping the old one for a 90Amp??  is there anything else that needs
to be replaced?

thanks,
Jeff
81 Scirocco
New Westminster, BC

PS: For those of you that dont know there is a show up here on August
6th.....

Attention all VW/Audi water-cooled Owners, Tuners, Clubs, Fans &
Fanatics alike! Vorsicht Motorsports Canada VW/Audi watercooled club
in association with HPA Motorsports would like to invite you to Water
Jam 2000 VW/Audi watercooled show set for Sunday August 6th , to be
held at the beautiful scenic Cypress Bowl Mountain Provincial Park in
North Vancouver British Columbia, Canada.

                 In recent years, the popularity of watercooled VW's has
increased in leaps & bounds which has been greatly reflected in past
local & international VW shows. "Waterfest", an immensely successful
strictly watercooled VW/Audi show held in the Eastern US has
certainly proved this! There has been a local growing desire to have
such a show here on the West Coast, & what better place to hold one
than the veritable hotbed of North American VW tuning that is the
Greater Vancouver/Lower mainland area?

                 Water Jam 2000 will be an annual event, with August 6th
being
the inaugural show. The show is open to all years of watercooled VW
and Audi.  The show will be a judged event and all entrants will be
placed in categoriaes and classes based on chassis, year and
modifications of car. The categories  will run as follows: A1
Rabbit/Jetta 1975-1984, A2 Golf/Jetta, 1985-1992, A3 Golf/Jetta, 1993-
1999, A4 Golf/Jetta 1999 & on, Passat (all years), Scirocco (all
years), Cabriolet (all years), Fox  & Corrado (all years).  Audi will
be judged as one category, though depending on numbers taken from pre-
registration that may change. There hasn't been a lot of classes
for
Audi in past shows & we'd love to see more participation in this
category, so come on, we know you're out there!  Classes will run as
follows: Stock-open to all stock cars `93 & older, Mod I-open to
all
mildly modified cars (wheels, tires, suspension, paint, interior,
visible engine bolt ons), Mod II- open to all heavily modified cars (
engine swap, drive train swap eg: sychro in to non- synchro car, non
stock body mods etc).  Trophies/awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, &
3rd places in each class/category.  Honorable mentions may also be
awarded depending on class/category size or at judges' discretion.

                 Now for the juicy  part, our last, but certainly not the
least class/category: Pro-Tuner Class/Category. There have been many
articles on the various creations that have come out of the talented
tuning shops from all over the world-from VR6'd Rabbits to twin
engined Golfs. Pro-Tuner class is a fully judged class where tuning
shops from all over the world will be invited to compete in, There
will be only one prize-The Vorsicht Pro-Tuner Cup. Each Tuner will
submit up to 2 cars for judging. The cars will be on display at each
respective tuners' vendor spot. The Vorsicht Pro-Tuner Cup will
be what separates this show from all others-it's an award that is
unique & never been done before!

                 The show will be an all day event with a wrap up BBQ
party in
the early evening with music & entertainment. There will be various
contests throughout the day including a bikini contest & of course
the final award ceremonies. There will be a large vendor /tuner open
market area where show goers & participants can browse through the
latest & greatest offerings in the VW & Audi world. Cost to enter per
vehicle is $10 pre-registered & $12 on show date. All costs are in
Canadian funds. Pre-registration forms along with certified
cheques/money orders can be sent to the following address:

  PO Box #115
  105-10277 135th ST
  Surrey BC, Canada
  V3T 4C3

Forms can be taken from the Vorsicht Canada website @

                 http://mypage.direct.ca/h/h2o_vw/canada.html

                 So if you're a watercooled VW or Audi enthusiast here's
the
show for you!  Don't forget to mark down Sunday August 6th on
your
calendar. For more information on the show, please contact us @ (604)
594-0400 or email at vorsichtcanada@hotmail.com .  Tuner/Vendor
enquiries are most welcome! See you all at the show!

"Andre' Bjorkheim" <andreb.mail@gte.net>
Sent by: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
07/21/2000 01:46 PM