RE: high speed shaking

Well, seems like some of the motor mounts have gone
out of the hand.

This kind of vibration comes only when your engine is
touching the frame of the car somewhere.

So open the hood and check the 3 mounts you can
see from there. If they are ok, then go under the car
and check the trans mount. If they're all ok then I'm
out of ideas.

Remember, that when checking you should try to give
some gas and see how much the engine moves. If it
moves a lot you should go for the mount change.

> > around 55-60mph, steering wheel kinda goes back and
> > forth real fast about an
> > inch, and I can feel the whole car vibrate and
> > shake. Now, the car will go

Lauri is also looking for new motor mounts!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!