Fuel injection - HELP!!!

Does anybody know much about our beloved cars' fuel
injection?  I'm at a loss...

My '80 has been rather difficult to start lately, so I had
the problem diagnosed at the stealership.  They told me
that the injectors are leaking after shutdown, which they
said means either the injectors or the fuel distributor is
bad.

Well, I swapped out injectors yesterday - NO change.  Takes
3 attempts to start cold, and God nows how much cranking
when warm.

So today, I took the fuel distributor off of my '85 and
installed it on the '80...   and now the damn thing runs
like shit.  Lots of hesitation, no power...   nothing.

I'm quickly running out of ideas, and the car has to be on
the road before next Thursday so I can head for Waterfest!

Any ideas - PLEEZE?!?!?!?!?!

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.