Re: This Weekends Bug Nationals at SIR Recap

At 10:19 AM -0700 7/18/00, Shannon Fenton wrote:
>my R/T though, beat a 16V rabbit. Wathced the 1.8T Scirocco run consistantly
>in the 14's running 18-19lbs (was that right Riley?) of boost and having
>some pretty serious traction issues it seemed. As he went down the track you
>could see when the car was on boost beacuase it would suddenly torque steer
>twoards the side of the track! What fun that must be....

What fun it was just to ride in the thing!!  He had it running at 19lb
boost, and was running consistant 14.2 and 14.3 ETs.  The car was not
prepped for racing whatsoever - street tires at street pressure, full
interior, etc.  I took some video of one run from the pass. seat... I
haven't even looked at it yet, but if it's cool then I'll convert it to
quicktime and hopefully be able to post it somewhere.  I'm praying that the
sound comes through like it should... that motor makes all kinds of cool
noises. :)

>to really meet Owen and Riley and be jealous of thier clean machines. Thank
>goodness that Rileys cams werent dialed in so at least I can say I was the
>fastest 16V Roc of the day. All go and no show......

Yeah, thank goodness :P

Anyways, I had my car dynoed with stock cams last week, and it made 135hp
and 130ft/lbs at the wheels.  Can't remember the rpms as I don't have the
sheet at home with me, but a built 2L 16v with stock cams really is a
strong motor.  Huge powerband and smooooth delivery...