This Weekends Bug Nationals at SIR Recap

All

	Well I think its safe to say it was hot enough for everyone. The action on
the track pretty hot as was some of the...spectators. I didn't see much of
the car show but what I saw was pretty boring except for some of the air
cooled stuff. Maybe I've been spoiled by ND but I wasn't that impressed by
anything there except the Momentum group and the 1.8T Roc with Owen and
Riley's red machines. I was more into the racing anyway, Id rather go than
show.
	After stuffing ourselves at Dennys that morning we arrived late enough to
miss all the qualifying. I walked around for awhile before realizing they
were starting eliminations. I went and had the car teched which meant he
made sure I was wearing pants and not shorts. So I went into the eliminator
cold, as Im sure you all know my 2.0 has been having probs so I figured I
would only get one run anyway since I have never dragged before so I dialed
in at 16.00 flat. My first run I really smoked the tires off on the launch
and got a 1.8 sec R/T and a 16.01 1/4 mile...I WON! With that lousy RT even.
In the lane back to the pits my cooling fan came on and my oil pressure
light was lit for a couple minutes or so then went out. On my second run I
launched a little better but with still too much wheel spin. Stayed in 2nd
too long and turned a 16.31, but with a R/T of 1.089 (hey im learning ok). I
was knocked out by the TT Rabbit, a scary machine coming up from behind you
after a healthy handicap. You can hear the scream of the supercharger for
the entire 1/4 mile. I did one more fun run and ran a 16.34, cant remember
my R/T though, beat a 16V rabbit. Wathced the 1.8T Scirocco run consistantly
in the 14's running 18-19lbs (was that right Riley?) of boost and having
some pretty serious traction issues it seemed. As he went down the track you
could see when the car was on boost beacuase it would suddenly torque steer
twoards the side of the track! What fun that must be....
	I was disappointed that with all the list members there only three stepped
up to the plate! Riley, Chirs Delong, Andy Murphy (who missed the eliminator
due to missing a shift and blowing out his clutch), were the only real men
present for the Scirocco List that day. Overall a really fun day and I got
to really meet Owen and Riley and be jealous of thier clean machines. Thank
goodness that Rileys cams werent dialed in so at least I can say I was the
fastest 16V Roc of the day. All go and no show......

Thank you for your time.
Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management
Amazon.com