Re: Holy shnikeys

Ryan Catucci wrote:

> Hey list!  If anyone want's a Quaife (and who doesn't heh heh), there is a
> deal going on on the VW Vortex for $650!!!  New from Quaife America, to
> boot!  There is a thread in the VR6 forum about it under a title of 'Quaife
> vs. Peloquin' (link is below).  The deal is for 020 and 02A trannys, and
> the price is about half of what is normally charged by Autotech.  The guy
> from Quaife, who posted the offer, mentioned that Autotech would be
> dropping their prices a bit because they are now getting a 'better deal'
> by ordering more diffs at a time.  I highly doubt it would be anywhere
> close to $650.

That "guy from Quaife" is just Ralph from AUTOTECH.  He's representing
himself as being Quaife, but it's just Autoblech (tm), who functions as
their distributor here.

Apparently Peloquin did some dirtball sale price to blow out a bunch of
stock, and Autotech got wind of it and decided to compete - something
that's not generally in their small vocabulary.

Ralph's rant cracked me up - he started out defending Autoblech's pricing,
claiming that they weren't "gouging" as some people are insinuating.. the
price he was defending is like $1150.  Then several paragraphs later he's
offering them at $650, and claiming that they're making "little profit".
If they're making ANY profit at that price, then I'd call $1150 a true
gouge!

Autoblech - just say NO!  (other than this deal maybe!)

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0