update-high speed shaking

I wrote about the high speed shaking.  Thanks for the input.  My first try
was to simply swap front wheels to back.  While doing so I inspected my tie
rod ends.  Now, the drivers side was rotated at a pretty good angle, and not
flat down.  Playing with both sides I find that whole rods rotate very
easily.  Is this right?  Anyway, I ended up going for another drive and it
all seemed much better.  Either something wrong with a front wheel/tire, or
playing around and leveling out that tie rod end helped a bunch.  Any
further insight would be great.  How huge a job is just replacing all my tie
rods and ball joints, etc?  Think its a project worth doing anyway.
Thanks...

Brad