Alignment Prices

OK,....so today the shop calls me to let me know my 88 16v rocco is ready
for pick-up.  I ask what the total damage was and the guy says,...."$89.54."
Naturally I reply, "for what?  I only wanted an alignment!"  The guy tells
me that since my car sits so low, (Boge Turbo gas w/Hor Tech springs....on
14 inch wheels)  they had to drill out my struts and the housing.  Does this
sound normal?  I have never heard of such a deal.  I haven't seen the car
yet,...I can't pick it up till someone gets home who can go with me.  But
after close inspection I will fill you guys in.
Thanks,
Chris