Re: instrument cluster question

Neal Tovsen wrote:

> Every '88 I've seen (including mine) has the same cluster as yours. I just
> met Steve H last weekend, and IIRC, that's the way his was, too. I
> personally like it better, anyway. It seems that most of the '86s/'87s had
> the one you're going to put in, though some had a 160mph speedo.

Local listmember Jay Bichanich and I hooked up last weekend and compared our
'86.5's.  We both have 160 mph clusters.  Turns out we are only 130 cars
apart off the line, based on VINs.  Both built in May 1986.  Our cars
are identically equipped except he has a sunroof.. both Tornado Red.. he's
still 100% stock, I'm not.

One interesting item on his car straight from the factory: red stripes at
the top and bottom of the grille.  We've both never seen another car with
this grille.  Anyone else seen one or know of them?

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0