Re: blower problems - '85 8v

hmmm, ive never pulled my blower out. i dont know about this problem, but i think that the hvac controls run on engine vacuum, and when you heard the depressurization, it was a vacuum line in the dash being pulled off, or ripped. now the engine has a small vacuum leak and the hvac controls have no vacuum to operate with.
i think.. :)

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com>
> wrote:
>  i finally got around to working on the hvac blower in the car today.
>took everything apart and all seemed to be going okay. even found that
>the blower still worked (just gummed up by the insulation). however, the
>blower only blew air on '4'. still it was at least something. put
>everything back together and it still seemed to work fine (in that one
>position). well, when i went to leave a few hours later, the damn thing
>wouldn't work at all. here's the situation now: i can hear the blower
>come on (nothing's blowing) and it'll stay on through '1', '2', and '3'
>(though, apparently, not blowing any harder). it clicks off on '4'. in
>addition, the thing won't run at all on 'vent' or 'heat'. is there a
>simple solution to this or is there something more wrong than what's
>apparent. i tore a blower out of a parts car at the junkyard, in case
>that was/is the problem.
>  in addition, when i removed two tubes on the vent shutter control (by
>the blower cover), i heard something depressurize. as a result, my
>enviro panel no longer goes "ffsssss" when i move it back and forth. i
>didn't smell freon, so what the problem here? thanx for any help you can
>give.
>   btw, to top it all off, i killed the light lighting the panel. :(
>
>--
> /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
>< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com
>  \ /