Re: 16V Rev Limiter

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:08:19 GMT "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
writes:

>I heard that a FP relay from an Audi 5k has a higher rev limiter.
>Although I dont remember which one it was.

Hmmm. Its my recollection that the rev limiter is only controlled by the
fuel pump relay. (Shuts it on and off, very bad design.) I recall that
the limiter itself is built into the fuel brain. Thats why an 8V car can
use a 16V box (Usually on A2 cars since everyboy knows the A1 8V's dont
use a rev limiter.) and get the higher limiting feature.

I also remember hearing that you can clip a wire to the fuel control box
and it either disables the limiter OR moved the limiting rpm higher. Cant
remember which exactly is correct or even close. Its something like that.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!