Re: Non-Roc Tranny q's

>I drove the bunny to work today! Not a rocco but, not bad just the same.
>But...
>1) At 55mph in 5th gear the tach is reading 3k. In the rocco its 65 in 5th
>at 2200. Is this the result of a "close ratio" tranny?

Yes.

>2) I have driven 65 miles at the cost of 1/2 a tank of gas. The plugs
>(platinum) have a better tan than I do and look OK. Adjusting the air
>bypass
>does not alter the RPM. The PO had a wad of paper followed by a big a**
>bolt. Any Ideas of what might have happened to the throttle body and why no
>responce?

The o-ring that holds the adjuster in place might be bad or nonexistent and
it might've had a tendency to back out all by itself. Check the o-ring. Junk
the plugs. Get Bosch coppers they are better and the electrode wont fall out
of them. What is your duty cycle reading for the fuel mixture?

>3) After coming down from 60MPH, the front end had a wicked shimmy. I
>stopped and looked but no flat tire nor is it missing any out side weights.
>Both tires on nice & tight....

Does it do this only when you brake or all the time? If it only does it when
you brake then you might have warped rotors.

HTH

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA