Re: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT!! Your tranny is NOT wasted. Was it a brass coloured race? If so it was
not your bearing race it was your limited slip ring. Go to the dealer and
get a new one for about 5$ each and put it in and it will work fine.

>List,
>
>Sorry Peter, i would like to get your 8v clutch plate but.....Whell the
>thing i didn't tell you about was that when i took the cv shaft input cups
>off to change the seals on my 9A, i found that on the right side, the inner
>race to one of the internal bearings had about a 3 inch chunk cracked off
>of
>it!  I put it back in its place and reinstalled the cv cup, using the
>spring
>tension to hold everything together.  My tranny is shot! :(  I am thinking
>of buying Rich's tranny, but i need to know how bad the shipping from
>Delaware to Vermont is going to spank me!  Anyone have experience with
>shipping heavy stuff?
>
>>Where did you get your clutch disc from?
>>The reason I ask is that when my '84 GTI grenaded, I cleaned the clutch
>>up and had it exchanged for a new one.
>>
>>Peter
>>'79 Scirocco 16V project car
>>'83 GTI
>>'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag