Re: hi + gauge question

--- Paul Maione <scirocco_16v@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > now.  I have just one question about this car.  The
> > gauges that are in it
> > have a 120 MPH speedo in it, and the odo reads 120k.
> >  It has the shift
> > light.  Did any of the 88 16vs have this speedo?
> > Plus in the trunk when I
> > got it was a 140 MPH speedo that read 290k miles.
> > Did it get swapped?
> > Please say I don't have all those miles on my
> > engine.  Thanks.
> > Joe
>
> If remember correctly, all the 88's that I have seen
> don't have shift lights. They usually have the gas
> needle under the tach and the water temp is where the
> upshift light is. And also, all the 16v's that I've
> seen come with a minimum 220 km/h (140 mph) cluster,
> or a 260 km/h (160 km/h).

Yep, that's correct.  The odometers on these cars are
*notorious* for they're mysterious deaths, so I wouldn't
think you really have 290k on the car.  I would think that
it would look pretty worn with that kind of mileage.
(unless it was REALLY well taken care of, my '88 being a
case in point)

Welcome to the list!  Where are you from, and are you going
to Waterfest?  :)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'81 Pickup
'82 Pickup
'85 & '87 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.