Re: hi + gauge question

> now.  I have just one question about this car.  The
> gauges that are in it
> have a 120 MPH speedo in it, and the odo reads 120k.
>  It has the shift
> light.  Did any of the 88 16vs have this speedo?
> Plus in the trunk when I
> got it was a 140 MPH speedo that read 290k miles.
> Did it get swapped?
> Please say I don't have all those miles on my
> engine.  Thanks.
> Joe

If remember correctly, all the 88's that I have seen
don't have shift lights. They usually have the gas
needle under the tach and the water temp is where the
upshift light is. And also, all the 16v's that I've
seen come with a minimum 220 km/h (140 mph) cluster,
or a 260 km/h (160 km/h).

=====
Paul Maione
87 Scirocco 16v