Re: fun with wiring

the voltmeter (if it is the stock one) has to use the same ground it reads
from for the instrument light and that is why the voltage drops so much when
you turn your lights on.

As to the glowing light thing I would have to recommend quality German parts
first. That crap you get from the auto parts store is not even worthy for a
lawnmower ;)

>Interesting side note on alternators. I am on my 3rd one now. Just put
>it in and I am again experiencing the same problems leading me to wonder
>wtf is going on. Should I have bought a Bosch alternator? I keep getting
>one of those "rebuilt", lifetime warranty beauties. The store employees
>run when they see my car pull up. :) Anyway, here is what it has been
>doing. Driving along all nice and happy, and the battery light starts to
>come on. Dim at first then it gets brighter. Eventually to go off again.
>Voltimeter reading just over 12. This only happens when my lights are
>on. In fact as soon as I turn on my lights the voltimeter drops down
>from over 13 to just over 12. Not even my dual amp stereo system drains
>this much power. I had asked before if this was normal and someone said
>"yeah". I don't think so. I do have H4 that are relayed. Today I will
>pull out the multimeter and check out all points and get some readings.
>I will post results and see what anyone thinks. The wiring in my car is
>really pretty good. The sockets and connectors on everything look damn
>good too. It was a california car and to my knowledge has yet to ever
>see snow.
>
>Feenix
>80 1.8
>
>--