velocity limited slip kit / swapped 5th gear

I seem to remember someone here has had major problems w/ the Velocity Stage 2 diff kit (I think it was  Shawn)
Could you tell me exactly what happened?
If i rmember correctly-- on the 90mm flanges, the tapered hex bolt that holds the centre cap of the flange in, that bolt stuck out too far and would be hit by the CV of a lowered car?  or it would always back out, even though loctite and the sealant was used??

i just installed the kit, and when I put the centre cap and hex bolt in, the bolt head stuck up like 3-4mm's!!! even in the countersunk hole! it looked like an awful design, and that seems to be what would cause your problems w/ the cv hitting the bolt.
So I countersunk the cap a bit more, until when the bolt is installed, it's completely flush with the cap. (plus that will engage a lot more threads, hopefully curing the 'backing out' problem)  Then I did the loctite and sealant thing in the instructions. i'm hoping this is enough to remedy the stage 2 diff kit problem.
Because I've heard it breaking in more peoples cars than just Shawns!

any ideas??

btw I also swapped my FF .71 gear into my new 9A tranny! woohoo! I cant wait for 2300 rpm at 65 mph and a close ratio 1st-4th :)  now i gotta put it all back in

Kevin Fry
81 scirocco S