Lets help each other out, was:[OT] This virus...

Ryan M wrote:
OK, I think that this list needs to get extremely
strict on posting html...
<snip>

Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:
Like I've said before...HTML isn't necessary to get
your point across...
<snip>

I would imagine that our listers use everything from
the latest "bleeding-edge of technology" CRAY's with
T-1 lines to 386's with 14.4 modems. Being that this
is the case and that we want all the Scirocco
enthusiasts on the list to have access to this
invaluable resource (I assume I speak for most all of
us here), I also believe HTML should not be used in
this forum.

The problem:
Some may not even know they are posting HTML. Not
everyone on the list is a computer guru, and some may
not even know how to check or deselect certain
settings that could prevent this.

The solution:
Could those with knowledge in this area respond to
those that do post with HTML, find out what OS or
e-mail service/software they are using and help them
correct the problem. At the very least, let them know
that they are posting with HTML so that they can find
out themselves how to de-activate it by posting a how
to to the list or searching the web.

Let's try to help each other out with this "hot"
subject, just as if it was a Scirocco problem because
in a way it kinda is if it is dividing the group up
like this.

Keep it real 8)

Randy B
(2) 81 Scirocco S's