Clutch replacement-day 1

Well my car is in pieces all over the lawn tonite.  I've got the engine
and tranny separated and getting ready to replace a whole bunch of shit
tomorrow on the trans and shift linkage.  I also found a bad rack boot
that I think ill take care of now while the engine is out.  But basically,
everything is going pretty smoothly, no big problems yet.

Couple of questions:

1. How do you get the mainshaft seal out?  I assume that you get something
in there to pry it out but I'm not sure and the bentley doesnt mention it
i dont think.

2. For the pushrod bushing, is it right in the end of the mainshaft?  I
was looking around a little and thought that i saw the brass bushing.  Is
it hard to remove?  I remember someone saying that you could just break it
up to get it out.  Do you have to take the pushrod all the way out to do
this?

TIA,

Eric Person
86.5 16v