RE: Things that confuse upshift indicators?

Hi!

I had once chance to try 13"x6" alloys with 175/50/13 tires on them.
This was SOMETHING! I never imagined how wide can 175 tire look,
and the traction was superb and of course the acceleration was a
way better too. But my car sat only 5 cm off the ground and I couldn't
use it longer than only on that track where we were.

So 175 can be wide too! :)

> Good God, man! Those 175mm tires are fit for a bicycle -not a
> Scirocco 16v! The stock size was 186/60/14. Your gearing is
> definitely lowered due to the smaller diameter. This will
> actually improve your acceleration (traction issues aside) but
> your handling will be absolute shite. Do the right thing and put
> on some stock sized tires or just upgrade the darn car! I
> recommend the Dunlop SP8000 in the 195/55/14 flavor.
>
> Really now... *175*??? Gasp, hack, cough...

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!