Re: 16v water pump pulley

Goethfaust@aol.com wrote:

> My brother is having some problems with his water pump pulley on his 16v
> w/AC.  It was replaced last year because it was noisy and loose.  It has
> happened again and he's trying to find out why before he shells out for
> another pulley set.

I had this problem last year, and from what I hear it's VERY common.  There's
a "fix" that involves some use of non-standard parts.. somebody here will
be familiar or if not call the Potterman, he's well aware of the problem and
knows what to prescribe when fixing it to keep it fixed..  :D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0