From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Mark Mages
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 1:43 PM
To: RMcCarthy; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: [OT] This virus crap's gotta stop!

I don't use HTML, but I can't see forcing people to
NOT use HTML.  Viruses are as much a responsibility of
the receiver as they are of the sender, and really
don't have anything to do with HTML postings.  If they
are embedding javascript then you might have a
problem, but strict HTML is not an executable
language.

Don't open attachments.
Especially if it is from another guy professing his
love to you....

Anything that needs to be sent in an email can be put
into the body, or specifically noted as an attachment.

I think people should be required to take basic net
awareness and etiquette classes before being given an
e-mail account... When you give every moron the
ability to instantly reach anyone in the world, there
are bound to be problems.....

Of course I think that people should also pass minimum
parenting skills tests before they should be allowed
to reproduce...

Think to yourself how stupid the average person is
Then remember that 1/2 the world is dumber than that.

Mark
--- RMcCarthy <rmccarthy777@email.msn.com> wrote:
> OK, I think that this list needs to get extremely
> strict on posting html. I
> think it should be banned. You post HTML, you're off
> the list. There's no
> reason why us listers who follow this common
> courtesy should be constantly
> put at risk of receiving a virus. What do you guys
> think?
>
> Ryan M
>

> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> unsubscibe send

=====
Mark
If you're not paranoid, you're not paying attention.

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/