Re: Where to buy performance parts?

>Could this be why my Rabbit is currently running like crap? It had a stock
>cam in it, and the head I got to replace it happened to have a G-grind in
>it, and now it runs like crap. I've tried screwing with the timing, the
>%CO adjustment on the fuel distributor (is there a better way to adjust
>fuel mixture?), and I've checked the valve timing about 8 million times -
>it's right. Do I need to do something to make it run right with a higher
>lift cam?
>	-Josiah
>
>'84 GTi
>http://bork.hampshire.edu/josiah
>
>On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Stephygee wrote:
>
> > Take your pick (Neuspeed, Techtonics, Autotech), but most folks go with
> > Techtonics.  Just putting a cam in your engine without beefing up other
> > areas of your engine won't produce any noticeable results.  Installing a
> > fuel enrichment device (cam increases breathing, so you better have fuel to
> > match it) is the next step, and of course, you might want to get a free
> > flowing exhaust.

I've had mostly good luck with Neuspeed. Used their suspension parts in both
my old 83 GTI and my For Sale Scirocco. Springs, cams, throttle-body. Only
nit, they fibbed on the applicability of the springs on my Scirocco. I had
to go get a different upper piece to take the springs.

I used an Isky cam in an earlier Scirocco engine with good luck also.