Re: Bug Nationals SIR

At 7:47 AM -0700 7/11/00, Marie Laugesen wrote:
>>Oh, one more thing, I would count on seeing a 1.8t Scirocco at this show.
>>A very nice one, with sick power, to boot.
>

>Would that be the black one with the Audi 5V motor in it?  I saw it at
>Springmeet.
>
>One word: "sleeper"!

That's the one!  The car itself is actually on the tired end of the
"sleeper" continuum, but pop the hood and it's like looking at God's own
motor swap.  I believe Tim's had a drive in the thing, and so have I, and
it's really something else to experience that much power in a car that
feels a lot like the one you drive to work every day.  Actually, it just
plain fucking rocks.  280hp Sciroccos are the bomb :)