Cam ID $0.02

Read you query on Scirocco digest.  AutoTech in the catalog gives
dimensions for VW cams as does Raven in his book.  You might want to
check with some VW racer type guys, but you might be able to spec out the
lobe dimesions simply by putting caliper around lobe visible from oil
filler cap.  Off top-of-my head, "G" grind is 0.423", stock GTi is
~0.38X, earlier A1 is 0.405"

You might be able to get actual specs off web site.  I can look up if
needed.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre