No Subject

Hi All,

The 84 roc was getting very noisy so I decided to replace the exhaust
manifold gaskets. (I was told 4 years ago that they needed replacing).
I removed the intake manifold with out much difficulty. The exhaust
manifold was quite another matter. Two of the studs were already broken
and I broke a third. Four came out relatively simply and a fifth
required the dremel. Anyhow, once the manifold came off I noticed that
mine was missing something. Right above and slightly to the left of the
O2 sensor there looks like there is a place for a tube coming out of
the moanifold. Does anyone know what this is? And where the other end
attaches...I haven't noticed any other place that looks like it needs a
tube going into it and I couldn't find a good picture in Bently or on
the Ekta CD. It is a stock manifold (4 into 1) with the C-springs
holding it to the downtube. (And many thanks to whoever has the website
showing how to use a muffler clamp to remove the C springs!!)

Also, I've read on the list that there are much better (higher
performance) manifolds than the 4 into 1. Unfortunately, I don't
remember what they are. Since I have the old one off, I want to replace
it. Any opinions on an inexpensive manifold upgrade? Any for sale? (Its
for the JH engine with standard head).

TIA,
Keith

84 8v currently "under the knife"