Re: Stainless Brake line install

I believe my point was that if you twist the steel line that goes into the
rubber line on the axle, you have to replace the line that runs to the
front of the car.  On cars with load-dependent proportioning valves, you
only have to replace the line that goes to the proportioning valve.

Drew

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, george curl wrote:

> You really wouldnt have to replace the whole line
> anyways on a rocco.  There are actually 4 metal brake
> lines leading to the back in a rocco.  2 fromthe
> master cylender to a bracket in front of the rear axle
> and 2 more from the rear axle bracket to the slave
> cylender.  A rubber hose connects the front and rear
> halves of the line allowing movement of the axle beam.
>  Even with a Jetta's valve, lines do lead up to the
> valve using some pretty funky angles to get
> there.(interesting to replace when working around the
> axle beam, fuel pump, accumulator, ect)  Main point
> still stands though, if the line starts to twist, stop
> and use some more penetrating oil to help loosen it up
> before you cause more trouble than you really need...
> george

> http://im.yahoo.com/

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca