Re: Vented brakes

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 10:05:13 -0400 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:
> Hey guys,
> 	I was working on the brakes of the GTI and ran into dual
> vented brakes. Can
> I put these on my '81 8v?
Yes...

> I plan on replacing the front calipers and disks at the same time.
> $35.00 per caliper and $15.00 for the disks, the calipers come with
pads.
> The calipers on the bunny have no bleeding valves, so whats going
> on?
The bleeders were probably broken off in an attempt to bleed the
brakes...
The '81 calipers are the same as the GTI calipers.
Unless there is something wrong with the calipers on the '81, all you
need to change are the rotors and pads.

You can get the ATE Power Discs for $31 each at Adirondack.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V