16V upgrade

Spent some time over at VW Specialties today rappin' with Ron, so that I
could come to some final conclusions on what to do to my motor.

So - it's gonna be - P&P 2.0 head by Collin of TT, euro intake cam, stock
exhaust cam, TT high-flow cat (I have a generic turd now), and Autotech or TT
fuel enrichment module.

Background: Ron called Jeff at Velocity to check on their recent cam testing.
Seems that 260/276 combo made the most power all over, but NOTHING beat the
euro intake at 5800 and below.  I want to keep the low end, and don't spend
much time above 5800, so the euro intake cam is the right route for *me*.
He checked with Collin regarding the TT downpipe/cat they sell specficially
for the Scirocco 16v.  Doesn't flow any better than a stock downpipe with
their high-flow cat, so that's the way to go.  Ron seems to prefer the
Autotech fuel enrichment since it's adjustable.  He says with proper testing
of the exhaust gas content, it can be quite useful to match the output to
the specific application.

I'm still on the prowl for a 50mm intake.. if anybody gets a line on one,
please let me know.

Interesting note - Ron says he can MAKE a Scirocco 50mm intake out of a
GTI/Jetta intake, by cutting it and welding on the lower portion of a
standard Scirocco manifold.  It's a bitch and about $200 in welding
labor, but if the 50mm is picked up cheap - as is not that hard for
the GTI/Jetta piece - then it can be financially feasible..

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0