Re: Timing mark

Well, if you break the timing belt, at least you won't have to take as
much off to replace it...  ;-)

Anyway, if you are so inclined, there is another centerpunch dimple
thingie on the intermediate shaft that should line up with the V-notch on
the crankshaft pulley.  If those line up, along with the dimple on the
camshaft sprocket, it should all be lined up correctly.

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
'87 Porsche 944