Re: AC questions

--- Alex Ting <alext@nu2u.net> wrote:

> hey all you out there in rocco-land,
>
> it's getting frickin' hot here in the Sacramento
> valley, so
> I've been trying to get my AC sorted out and now I
> have a
> few questions about the controls.
> My recirculation door only seems to close when the
> selector is
> on the bi-level position.  Is it supposed to close
> on the normal and
> max AC position as well?

No, it should be open in this position. It should only
be closed in the MAX AC position.

 I may have the vacuum
> lines mixed up
> on the little vacuum distributor thingy...
> Also, it seems to not blow as hard on the max AC
> position for some reason.
> Given the same fan speed, when I move the selector
> switch over to the
> normal AC or bi-level position, it blows much harder
> (get yer minds
> outta the gutter).  Any ideas?

You probably have the lines mixed up. Thus in the Max
Ac position it might be opening up the heater vents or
others.  I would suggest checkin' the Bentley or even
going to the junk yards and looking at a MKII in
there.

HTH

=====
mark hausler