Re: instrument clusters

I put the cluster from an '87 Jetta into my '82.  It wasn't a straight
swap, though, since the '82 cluster had only one wiring harness, versus
the '87's two harnesses.  I was able to splice it all together.  So "yes"
it can be done, but check to see the number of harnesses each cluster
uses.

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta