Re: Anyone know why a Passat oil pan gasket would cost $75?

>From what I know, there are 3 types of gaskets for the passat:

1) Cork - cheapest
2) ???? - mid range
3) material sandwiched between two pieces of metal - most expensive

I believe the 3rd one if the one that comes from the factory.  Its still hella expensive when I inquired with Adirondack.

what is the Scirocco gasket made of?

Victor

>>> John Worden <scirocco@powerlink.net> 07/06 5:33 PM >>>
  I saw the computer screen, he had the right thing; but does anyone
have nay idea why a 2.0 16V Passat oil pan gasket would cost THAT much?
This is just a question out of curiousity.

Thanks,

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T