Anyone know why a Passat oil pan gasket would cost $75?

While checking out why the MkI wasn't pumping oil I found the helical cut
gear that slides onto the splines of oil pump was missing(WTF?) so I
thought it may have fallen into the oil pan during motor assembly and
dropped the pan.  No gear(but I've got one now).  So I go to NAPA to get a
gasket to put the pan back on and say I need one for a '90 Passat and he
says they have one at the wharehouse and it's $75.09.   I was shocked,
needless to say and had him look up a Scirocco 16V and took one of those at
$11.  I saw the computer screen, he had the right thing; but does anyone
have nay idea why a 2.0 16V Passat oil pan gasket would cost THAT much?
This is just a question out of curiousity.

Thanks,

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T