Power steering options

Has anyone ever felt that their power steering on the scirocco feels
a little unpredictable/imprecise?  Well, after driving my cousin's
Ford Probe (yes, a Ford)...I actually was impressed with the precision of
the power steering.  It seemed to be very responsive.
Does anyone know of another power steering rack that would fit the
scirocco and give a better precise feel and closer ratio?

TIA

=====