RE: Lithuanian Scirocco Club opening meeting... [longish]

> >  I'm afraid that we do not yet have any
> >Lithuanian list members, but I did some serious
> >advertising with my list T-Shirt.
>
> :-)
> why don't they join to the list?

As long as I understood they did not know what is
the difference between writing to mailing list and
owning an e-mail address.

> how have you known there will be a meeting?
> do you e-mail them or call on phone?

They found my site and tought I lived close enough
to give it a try and I was the only foreign person there.
All the guys from Holland, Germany and Poland
considered it to be a too long trip.

Well, I didn't. :) for me it was only 650km (410mi) trip.

> >We then moved on (under official Police escort) to
> >racing place and had two competitions there: slalom
> >and sprint. I won both of them in my class (Male driver,
> >fuel injected engine). :)
>
> congrats (being male & fuel injected ;-)

No I'm not fuel injected, my fuel has to be poured in! :)

> >After that we went back to the gathering place and had
> >a beauty contest and ate a 6,7 kg Scirocco shaped
> >cake over there.
>
> good idea!

And a very tasty idea! I never knew the Scirocco could taste so good!

> >There where competitions like lifting the back of Scirocco
> >(My record 111 times, Lithuanian 125 times. Beat them!)
>
> what does it mean?
> have you opened the back so many times or have you lifted the car?
> was there any time limit or ... ?

No they took the back piece of the scirocco where you connect the rear
wheels and suspension and everything and then connect it to the frame
of the scirocco. Then you remove everything fom it (Suspension, brake
drums and bads) and then youve got a separate piece that weights around
10kg and start pushing it up from your shoulders untill your arms are
straight
then let it down to your shoulders and up it goes again and so I did 111
times.

There was no time limit, if it where then I would have won it, it took me
around
3 minutes to push it 111 times but the guy who did 125 times played with
this
thing around 15 minutes. Hardest part was to tetermine how many times have
I pushed, because they counted LOUD and in Lithuanian, so I only stopped to
ask for a translation.

> >and towing the Scirocco for 20 meters.
> was there a time limit or everybody started together?

No there where 2 person groups and the distance was around 20-30 meters
a bit up the hill, everybody towed the same scirocco (Beauty contest
winner).
And the time was the thing that mattered.

> >If anyone wants to know more details then ask me!
> i've started it ;-)

And you've got your answers.

> >I'll put up some pictures to the net soon.
> Let's see them!

I'll start Scanning in the evening!

> PS: I have been in Riga (3 weeks),
> Vilnius (some hours) and
> Tallinn (1 day)
> but have not seen you :-)

And what did you do in here then? Where
you sleeping? Well, next time you come here
you pick up a phone on the street and call
05059414 and I'll give you a tour on the city.
Its a free service for Scirocco listers didn't you
know?

Lauri, Estonian guide!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!