RE: Bad trans mount?

> Did you do your own clutch? If so or even if you had anyone
> else do it
> they/you should have replaced the pushrod seal and the rear
> main engine
> seal. It sounds like you have oil on the disk. This is what
> causes the
> shuddering. Also keep in mind brand new clutches must have the cable
> adjustment checked frequently right after the job. The disk
> has to "break
> in" and as it does the cable adjustment will get tighter.

The PO replaced it quite recently, if I'm not mistaken.  I have to replace
the disk when I replace seals, right?  Or is something like brake cleaner
sufficient to clean the friction surface?  The adjustment is fine, BTW.

> >Now I'm getting a distinct, low rumble that I can feel
> through the floor.
> >If I accelerate a little, the rumble goes away.
>
> Is this with the clutch pedal in or out?

I've only noticed it with the pedal out (clutch engaged).

>   I also get an occasional
> >tapping/clicking sound that seems to come from the left side
> of the engine
> >compartment when I'm driving in town.
>
> The left side of the engine compartment is the drivers side.
> Don't know what
> could cause tapping on that side of the engine compartment.
> If you are
> however referring to the RIGHT side of the engine compartment
> you could be
> low on oil from a leaking rear main seal causing lifter
> noise. Is this the
> stock engine? If so have you had the valves adjusted recently?

I played with it a bit on my way home tonight (not much time to play in 2
miles), and I noticed that the tapping occurs wheneverI accelerate, as if
something is loose, and the engine torque slaps it back into place.  IOW, if
I gun it, I get one tap; if I coast and then gun it again, I get another
single tap.

Thanks for the input!
Aaron
'82 Scirocco