O2 sensor and some stories

Hello everyone,

Hope the holiday weekend was good to you!

I have a question.  What can I get for an O2 sensor
locally (cheap)that will fit my 16v scirocco?  Someone
mentioned a late model mustang gt? Are all 3 wire O2's
the same?  I have bought universal ones from Mark and
was wondering if local parts stores have the same. The
reason I ask is that I need one asap to set up my car.
 I put in new cams and I want to reset the fuel
mixture.  I put some new cams in this weekend.  What a
mess that was.  It is a pretty simple procedure
actually, but I had some trouble though.  Aparantly my
shirck 256's had 2 timing dots on the cam gears.  Just
my luck I used the wrong dot.  I could figure out why
the car wouldn't start then--- ack I have the cams
timed wrong!! WTF  how can there be two dots..   but
all is well now.  I was almost 180 degress off so no
bent valves.  After setting the timing and idle the
car runs great.  Smooth idle decent (for a 1.8) torque
and after 3.5K the power just keeps coming on.  Pull
hard all the way to 7K.  I am pretty happy with them.
All this and I had a euro intake cam before.  A decent
upgrade.  I don't know why there isn't more hype about
the 256's.  You hear a lot about 260's & 268's but not
a lot about 256's.  So far they get the thumbs up from
me.

so thanks for reading and if you have any O2 sensor
tips send them to me.
Tony