depresed

well i just about had a heart attack tonight after watching some fireworks
downtown. i saw a silver 16v scirocco that looked exactly like the one my
(ex) girlfriend crashed ointo some trees (i'm sure some of you remeber the
story). the car wasin good physical shape a few scratches but nothing that a
good wax and buffing wouldn;t take out. it looked identical to my old car
audi wheels and all (minus the audi front bumper) but the car was sweet!
he had crapped out on a min road through down town so i gave him a push to a
side street and looked at his car for him. the hall sending unit was
completely toast. so i fiddled around withthe housing for a second and
finally got it to fire up. lean sounding engine and all. i told him what was
wrong and the offered to buy the car if he wanted to sell it, but he said it
wasn;t his but if it were he;d sell it for $500. ahh well... seeing something
that was so caomparable to my first 16v was very saddening. gee i miss that
car....
-alan