Re: Hella Horns

Mark Burnham wrote:

> Has anyone compared the Hella air horns with the SuperTone Electric
> Horns?  Or their 'mini-horn'?  Any comments on volume or
> sound quality?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - Mark Burnham

Some time back I picked up a two horn Hella unit, complete w/ air pump.
The sound is nice, kinda high up in frequency but very Euro in
character.

The only potential problem is in panic or emergency situations it's not
very assertive, I have considered adding an electrical horn, one that's
very rude, very loud and having it hooked to the normal steering wheel
horn 'button'. Then I'd put a dash push switch for the day to day Hella
air horn(s). This way when I want a toot-toot I can tap the dash, but
under emergency lane changing maneuvers I can get on the WAKE UP! horn
without thinking about it.

Lastly, the kit for the air horns came with clear tubing and the
recommendation in the instructions say the lengths should be as short s
possible. This can not be overly stressed; there is a bit of a lag from
when you hit the horn and when the air pump spools up enough pressure to
get the horns working.

hth,
TBerk