Re: Upgrading to 100mm CV flanges

In a message dated 06/30/2000 7:33:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pellom@yorku.ca writes:

<< As the subject line says, I'm considering the upgrade to 100mm inner CV 's.
 Is it really worth it?  What parts will I need and what costs are associated
 with such a task?

 Is it difficult to accomplish or can I do it with relative ease? TIA >>

How difficult it is depends on what tranny your using and what steering
knuckles you have.  Some of the earlier trannys (pre-84 I think) do not have
enough clearance for the larger flanges, but you can machine the case to fit
them.  I believe that the knuckles that were equipped with 90mm cvs will not
fit 100mm cvs, but I'm not sure.

Other than that, it's not hard at all. If you're building a 2.0 16v, I'd do
it.  VW thought it was worth the expense for the durability/reliability.

How's your swap going?

cheers

greg f

91 GLi