Re: Rocco Project Revived!!! (long)

Scott Williams wrote:
>  So, check this... I
> have to finally admit that I haven't driven my own Scirocco since...
> (shudder) about 1993.

Shame!, shame!.  :)

> But like I said, the project has been reborn...
>
> Now, here's the thing: What color do I go with? Please everyone, chime
> in with your suggestions. The multispoke wheels (Panasport  14x7s) are
> silvery-greyish in color. Interior will be black. Colors under definite
> consideration are dark versions of: british racing green, navy blue,
> eggplant, or burgundy. I am open to any ideas, though. And should I do
> it a flat color or go with a pearl treatment? Should I paint the
> rollcage the body color or in black? What color brake rotors?

Black out the other parts; dash, cage, whatever trim left behind after
being shaved.
Purple based colors are hard to pick over the internet, just remember
any color looks different in the large scale vs the paint chip.
Pearl is nice but I shudder at the 'Key Magnet' affect. Nut cases
jealous of your ride might not like the beauty and act out their bad
upbringing.
Not to trip but lets think 'Boy's Colors', OR just go balls-to-the-wall
and be happy. :)

> Next, I've got to decide what kind of body modifications I want.
(Good stuff snipped).
> As for the
> tentative stuff.. shaved rear hatchback lock -to be opened via a
> solenoid or with a pull release lever, small hood scoop, "sucide" hood
> that lifts forward instead of backwards like usual.

Parts Express (if not somewhere you already know) have solenoid stuff to
make it happen. Is the hood scoop for the Eng. bay or up by the rain
tray?

> Am I missing anything? I've got to make the body color decision by this
> Wednesday... Whudda y'all think?
> --
> Scott F. Williams
> NJ Scirocco nut
(Knew you'd come back around)

How about a slight window treatment? It's usually frowned upon by the
law to tint the front side windows, but if it's done right and so light,
it can fade in the (darker) rear sides better than none at all. No Limo
tint just a slight shading for subtle effect.

Lets see some pre pix maaannnn.

TBerk