Re: wierd sway bars?

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:32:53 -0800 "chris" <frion@netzero.net> writes:
> on the rocco i am buying there are some wierd looking sway bars and i
>  am wondering what they are?
> they go the all the way across the car and connect to the bolts for
> the front bumper?
> then go to the control arms. anyone ever seen one like that?
> chris

Yes, I have one like that came off of a modified '80 Scirocco.
I think it's made by ADDCO, it has large brackets that bolt to the bumper
mounts.
One advantage is that it doesn't interfere with the fuel lines by the
right rear A-arm bracket on the early A1's.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'80 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI, daily driver

              To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>