Re: tv show: WATCH IT!!!

Just my hypocritical  $.02 worth.

The day's of "street racing" ended like they should have
with the hot rod era when there were fewer cars, and
men were gentlemen.

Today there are organizations like NASA, SCCA, NHRA,
and others that are dedicated to auto racing for the "non-
professional".

If street racing was only a hazard to the driver, then I
would not only accept it, but would probably be a regular
participant, but it is usually not the driver that gets hurt.

Out here in SJ two rice-boys collided with "each other",
during a drag race on city streets, killing, If I remember
correctly, both passengers. Both drivers when they get
out of the hospital will be up on vehicular manslaughter
charges at the very least and very likely even more.
I hope they lock them up for a VERY long time.

I am only stating the obvious here, but on the track the
cars are tech'd before being allowed to compete,
emergency crews are always at hand, it is a closed
course, and MOST IMPORTANT you are racing in
a controlled environment against other skilled drivers
in safety tech'd cars. On the street you are playing Russian
roulette with other people's lives. On the street granny is
going to hit the brakes for that piece of lint in her eye, and
some cell phone junkie is going to come across the double
yellow into your lane and if you kill them, It is your fault!

We all do our share of spirited driving and even race
others light to light, or on the fwy. The difference, and I
hope I am speaking for most of the listers, is that we
do not make this a regular thing and we use extreme
caution and common sense in these circumstances.
The rice-boys do not take these precautions, and frankly
I believe are seriously physics impaired.

Leave racing on the track where it belongs.

Ok so I am a little bit of a hypocrite (as he steps down off of
his soap box), but that's just my opinion and I'm stickin' to
it.

Please forward all complaints to the following address:
physicsimpaired@ricesucks.com

Randy B.