Exhaust interchangeability (MKII)

ok, so I understand that an earlier exhaust ('82-'84)
is slightly different from the '84 and up exhaust......

But, would an early pipe (from the cat back) actually
fit on the later cars?
I'm sure you couldn't fit a late exhaust on an early car because
of the difference in the spare tire well.  But are there any other
differences in the shape, especially the over axle piece?

The whole reason I'm asking is because I'm putting the turbo
on my '83, and switching the exhaust from the 2" eurosport to
a 2.25" with no resonator and a hollowed out cat.
I want to be able to transfer the 2" to the '86 (stock exhaust),
otherwise, I'll have to sell a perfectly good 2" eurosport pipe.

tia!

Alex Ting
'86 zender Z400 rocco
'83 mad max rocco
'97 ducati 748 monoposto

Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
575 Menlo Dr. #4
Rocklin, CA  95765

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
Fax:  916.630.2000
email:  alext@nu2u.net
icq #19613213