Re: Leak....argh

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Ben Patterson wrote:

> 1) The carpet is dry above the seatbelt bolt, the roof liner is dry,
> the back seat is dry, the b-pillar is dry, and the foam liner
> sticking out the bottom of my door is dry. Could the water be coming
> from the seatbelt bolt?

Wish I could help, had a similar problem in my Mk1, turned out the floor
pan had some holes punched in it...looks like PO drove over something
large and spikey :-)

> 2) How the sam hill do I kill off the mildew/fungus/ebola crap that
> is growing in the carpet, or at least get it to stop smelling? I've
> already hit it with carpet cleaner and scent remover, and some
> disinfectant. I've left the carpet pulled up in order to let it dry
> completely and to further investigate the origins of the leak, but I
> still need to drive it to work.... help!!

Ahhh, THIS I can help with, you need to find a product called "FrigiFresh"
it is made by BG products.  It is designed to be sprayed into your A/C
system to kill mold and the like.  Works perfectly against carpet mold,
trust me on this :-).  I don't much like the smell of it though, but
better than mold smell.

Eric