Fwd: 78/81 comparison?

In a message dated 1/26/00 2:13:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, Vaughn8v writes:

<< In a message dated 1/26/00 11:35:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
type53@yahoo.com writes:

 << > Actually, ALL cars with an O2 sensor have electronic
  > egnition. So this
  > actually does in a way have everything to do with
  > the ignition.  (US)

 << True, yes. But the ignition on the 1981 Scirocco
  recieves no input from the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor
  effects the fuel mixture. >>

 ...the fuel mixture which the O2 sensor helps optimize so it can be properly
ignited...  so, I would have to agree with Chris, it is very pertinent to
ignition.  :)

 Ben