Re: Euro spec?

--- DNK006@aol.com wrote:
> For the record, what are the differences between the
> JH and the Euro 1.8 8v
> (or equiv)?  I have heard that the cam, ignition,
> pistons, manifolds, t-body,
> head, and crank are all different.  If that is true,
> I think we Americans got
> screwed? eh

Americans always got screwed with Sciroccos . . .

we never got the MK1 Scirocco GTi with the 1588cc
110hp motor . . .

The JH was actually available in europe. It probably
had a slightly better cam - it put out 95hp over
there.

There were many different 1.8 8V motors in europe. The
best was the DX, which was rated at 112hp. the
compression ratio was 10:1, compared to 8.5:1 on the
JH.

I don't have time to get into T-bodies and all that
right now :(

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)